The growth momentum of Aitken Spence has been based on a strategy of the Group’s perceptive insight, farsightedness, and the meticulous application of our expertise across diverse business sectors, supported by people, processes and systems that are future fit and built for purpose.
We are the:
- First Sri Lankan company to venture overseas into hotel management
- First Sri Lankan company to venture overseas into port management services
- First Sri Lankan company to enter into a public private partnership overseas in the South Pacific region
- First company to invest in a waste-to-energy power project in Sri Lanka
- Only company that has been ranked among the Top 10 Corporate Citizens for an unprecedented 14 consecutive years
- Group responsible for building the first LEED Gold certified hotel in the world
- Group responsible for building the first carbon neutral, green printing facility in the South Asian region
Aitken Spence has been closely linked to the evolution of the regional tourism industry over the past four decades, with a growing reputation for quality, management expertise and sustainable practices.
Maritime & Freight Logistics
Aitken Spence is a leader in Sri Lanka’s Maritime, Freight & Logistics sector, anchored to the strategic foresight that led to our investment in the industry four decades ago.
We have a diverse portfolio of strategic investments in power generation, printing & packaging, plantations and apparel manufacturing, segments that are showing exceptional performance and growth in their respective industries.
Our service sector offers financial services, insurance solutions and construction-related services, representing world-renowned industry leaders across identified high-potential service sectors that support the country’s long-term economic growth